Saturday, August 22, 2009

When worlds collide

Visited the Stitches and Craft show today. I have only been twice in about 15 years and had vowed never to go again. However they have revamped things a bit so I thought I might as well take a look.

The ground floor was what I remembered. Things started to get better on the second floor as one of my favourite shops had a stand here. Third floor was what I had really gone for. They call it the Incubator and it has lots of small areas with new talent showing their stuff. Lots of intereting things to see here.

So why is this post called when worlds collide. I ran into someone I know from work. I'm a city girl and she's from the country but our paths crossed last year when I performed the wedding ceremony for a mutual friend. No talk of quilting so no connections made. Turns out she's Chookyblue. It was quiet a surreal moment. I did remember our paths had crossed once before at a quilt show. She joined us while I had coffee with mutual friends. Told you Chookyblue. Here's the proof.

Us today.


3 comments:

mereth said...

How about that? I looked at the photo and thought "Oh, that looks like Chookyblue, but how would Brenda know her..." These connections are amazing, aren't they?

Chookyblue...... said...

this is so my weirdest bloggy story of all time...........and yes now I truely believe you as you have the proof..........lol..........remember I am the lady who posts all those crazy farm pics..........lol..........back again soon........

Lurline said...

Oh, you lucky girls to have met each other - would love to bump into you both!
Hugs - Lurline♥