Another tessellation block prepped today. I think it's number 11 and still not sure if I'm making 1 or 25. Need to measure my bed and make a decision at some time.
Brigette Giblin designed this quilt and she has a new website with her patterns for sale. Early days yet but she is going to keep adding more. Check out the cute bag made with hexagons.
To the stash report then:-
Fabric used 1/2 metre
Fabric used to date 15 3/4metres
Goal for 2010 Use 100 metres - will need to get moving.
Head on over to Judy's to see how others are doing.
Tuesday morning and an early morning weight session. Took about 45 minutes. Was slightly easier than on the weekend. It was also weigh in day and the less said about that the better. Not a gram of movement in two weeks.
Wednesday marked day 100. I am slightly amazed that I have made it this far but confident I will reach my goal of 365 days. To mark the milestone I celebrated with 45 minutes on the treadmill. Travelled 4.48kms. I'm still being a bit hard on myself as I had unrealistic expectations of getting through level 5 today. Given that it was only my third attempt I think I need to get more realistic.
Thursday and a session with Dave. I think he learned a lot about me last week. He certainly pushed me harder and was not so reluctant to up weights. Every exercise today was a new one and they do say variety is the spice of life.
Dave definitely worked me hard yesterday as I have the aches to prove it. I normally do gym in the morning on a Friday but couldn't today. So an early evening session on one of the treadmills I don't like. Only managed 2.68kms in 30 minutes but at least I moved.
Saturday meant weights this week. My thighs still felt like they were on fire but I struggled through. 40 minutes of weights completed.
It was also measuring day and a loss of 6 cm overall. Explains the lack of weight loss as my body is obviously gaining muscle mass.
Sunday morning into the gym for treadmill. I was going to do 45 minutes but my right heel is giving me grief. Every time it hits the surface I experience shooting pain. I hope it's just a case of needing new shoes and nothing more serious. 30 minutes to travel 2.84kms.
Monday night and the end of week 15. 2.93kms in 30 minutes. Heel did not hurt as much today so I think it may be just some bruising.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow, I love the block but boy does it look complicated to make!
Do you find using a treadmill helps much? I find there seems to be a huge difference in the way my legs feel after "real" walking versus treadmill walking.
Don't let the heel pain go. I lived with mine for several years before it got to where I spend all my time limping. Had I gone in earlier for treatment, it would never have gotten so bad!
If you are thinking about new shoes, Sketchers are very soft on the heel as it hits. I got some in the spring and they are amazing.
I love that block but it sure does look like it took some work. Can't wait to see what it becomes.
Love this block!
Post a Comment