Sunday, May 29, 2011

Missing in Action and stashbusting


What's the difference between this photo and the one on my last blog post. We've gone from For Auction to For Sale. We got very close but not close enough to our reserve yesterday. It's not the end of the world and we are expecting a new offer on Monday. If we don't we will probably take the house off the market.

Laurie has been having severe pain in his back and right leg for almost 2 months. turns out he has a cyst growing that is pressing on his spine. They are going to try an injection on Tuesday and if that doesn't work it will mean surgery. Probably not the best time to be moving.

So what's all this got to do with reducing the stash. I give up. The remainder of the year I'm going with the flow and if that means buying fabric and not using much so be it. I'm still going to try to put a dent in my stash but just won't be counting any more.



9 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

badluck you didn't reach the mark...........hope everything is ok with Laurie.....goodluck for Tuesday......

Katie Z. said...

Good luck with all the major events in your life. Prayers for Laurie.

Kate said...

Good luck with the sale. Prayers for Laurie, hope the injection works!

krisgray said...

Hope the non-surgical treatment works. Best of luck!

Mary-Kay said...

On one hand you hope the injection works. But on the other hand, wouldn't he want it removed in case it grows more or causes more pain? I hope everything works out for the best.

keryn said...

Hugs and best wishes to Laurie from Mereth and me;you have a lot to deal with lately, and if fabric helps, them go for it. You could be indulging in worse things than a bit of lovely fabric. It's better than chocolate or wine in my opinion!

Kathy said...

Prayers for Laurie and all that is going on in your life...

Marti said...

Back pain is the worst. I too hope the injection helps. If the stash count is putting pressure on you, by all means, don't worry about it. Good luck with your house sale. I've heard of the auctions but never knew anyone who tried it.

Laura said...

I heard all about the house saga today at lunch. Good luck with it. Robert went to the bank today to talk $$$ doesn't look bad at all!
All the best for Laurie