First day of the year and it seemed right to me to do some baking and try something new. I made a chocolate chip cookie slice and it is delicious. Weirdly the recipe had you melt the butter and then add the sugars and then cream them together. I am going to try it the traditional way next time as I think it was a bit grainy.
On the sewing front Bonnie revealed the mystery quilt today. I love the design and it is something I possibly would have not have started if I had seen it first. I will plod along making the components as it is a good way to use some of the stash. I have promised myself it will be a top if not quilted before next years mystery starts.
Prompt for photo a day was lunch. My photo is of the bacon and onion frying for my fried rice. One of my favourite food smells.



No comments:
Post a Comment