The good news is that I made the butter cake again during the week and received lots of lovely comments. Apparently I have it mastered. So the challenge for this week was to try the orange poppy seed cake again.
You may remember last week I had problems with it sticking. So this week following advice from master baker Barbie B I used a pan with smaller sides and lined the base with baking paper.
Mixture into the pan and looking good.
Now here is where I forgot another piece of advice from Barbie - rotate the pan halfway through cooking so it rises evenly. Not real clear from this picture but one side was definitely taller.
So to the turn out moment. Did it stick - You betcha.
Like last week tastes good but I want it to look good as well. This recipe will not defeat me.
Sunday, March 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Once you have greased the pan, and lined it with baking paper, put about a tablespoon of flour into it and shake it around so that the sides are coated. Befor you tip the cooked cake out, run a blunt knife around the edge to loosen the sides.
And you can also leave the baking paper long enough to lap over the edges of the pan. Won't stick ever it you do that.
Nice picture of Laurie on your previous post, and congrats on being 'legal'. You've gone all domestic, sounds like you're both enjoying it, :)
Post a Comment