Saturday, November 24, 2012

Day 6 - 12WBT

Today was a total departure from the program. A birthday lunch long in the planning and I was going to enjoy myself.

Breakfast all week has been two slices of toast so today I had only one.

Lunch was at the Boathouse on Blackwattle Bay a wonderful seafood restaurant. I had a pomegranate cocktail, purely for its fruit content I promise. I may also have consumed several glasses of wine.  Entrée was 6 varieties of oyster. It was really interesting to taste the difference in flavours as they arranged them to come down the east coast. Looking at the calorie count just now there were more calories in the entrée than I am now eating most meals.

My main was a lovely piece of trevally with prawns, potato and sage. One side was this wonderful asparagus dish


The asparagus was perfectly cooked and topped with crumbs and a soft egg. Heaven on a plate. Chips were also ordered and enjoyed.

None of us felt the need for dessert so we finished the meal with coffee and a little treat.


So did I eat differently that I would have without the program. The answer is yes. I would normally have had more bread and chips seeing how I love my carbs. I wanted but didn't need another piece of the bread. Savoured the one piece and it was enough.

Dinner tonight was a salad with no protein. I'm not hungry so that is good. I would enjoy a piece of fruit however so will get some tomorrow.

Finished the day with a longer walk than normal. So all good except for that weird taste in my mouth that still hasn't gone away.

No comments: