Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sue Spargo and using the stash

Have just enjoyed a lovely Indian Summer day sitting in the back yard stitching. I have finally started on my Sue Spargo BOM and am really enjoying working with wool. Progress will be slow but enjoyable. 




Sorry it's sideways - not sure why.


The temperature true to form has now dropped and it's time for a cardigan to stay warm. Hopefully the colder weather will mean more sewing as so far I'm not doing well.


Fabric used                   1/4 metres
Fabric bought            1/2  metre

Total fabric used          13 metres
Total fabric bought     109 1/4

Goal for 2011 to use 10% less than I buy. I should be annoyed at myself but I'm not. Fabric is being used and I have loved fondling all the fabric that has come into the house so far this year. Oh and lets not talk about it being my birthday this week. The buy button has been pushed.

7 comments:

Kate said...

I wish it was as easy to use the fabric as it was to buy it.

Happy Birthday!

Jo said...

Well Happy Birthday. I have being good about fabric this year...I had to do something to make up for last year!! Enjoy your fabric petting.

Amy said...

Well, it is your birthday so you should buy what you enjoy! Have a great week.

Vicky said...

Happy Birthday! Judy needs to make a new rule that birthday button pushing doesn't count!!

DoubleL said...

Yeh lets not talk about birthdays - you young thing. I have never used wool - looks interesting and wont fray so no seams to turn under - is that right?

Nanette Merrill said...

Reading your last few blog posts and catching up. Things look lovely here.

Deb said...

Looking forward to seeing more of your progress on this.