Monday, January 9, 2012

Design Wall Monday

Wow. It's been a long time since I posted. The move went well and we are settling in nicely. Combining two households worth of stuff was never going to be easy and we are slowly culling down.

We lost our beloved Charlie to cancer a week after we moved. We miss him terribly but he made it here so will always be a part of this house.



Molly dog was fretting having left her beloved Clive from next door so Honey came to live with us. She is 5 and she is settling in well with a few little hiccups along the way.




Don't have a design wall yet but it will be come. So what am I showing today - a finished quilt. I started this at least three years ago and put the final stitches in the binding in the early hours of 1/1/12. Nice to have a finish. Sorry about the poor picture. I must try to get a better one before it goes to it's new home.




It also has my first ever pieced back. Not very adventurous but something I want to explore.




6 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Very pretty quilt...congratulations on the finish!

Vicki H. said...

Very pretty and lovely quilting pictured. I have done a few pieced backs and they are pretty cool. There are a few risks of them not laying flat but it is a great way to use what is on hand!

marcella said...

Congratulations on the finish! I love pieced backs, they are so fun to put together and happy to look at.

mereth said...

Goodonya, a finish always calls for celebration. I do love the fabrics in this, and the pieced backing is a great idea. I'm glad you're all settled in now and you're putting things to rights. Say hi to Laurie for us, won't you, he's looking well!

Lori said...

the pieced back looks very nice. The front is great!

Nanette Merrill said...

The quilt is super fab.