Monday, January 30, 2012

A Wedding and Design Wall Monday

Not a lot of sewing going on around here this week. I do have good reason though. On Saturday we had a housewarming and over the course of the day about 100 of our family and friends visited. What only a few knew that it was also my wedding day.


A good friend married us and she asked just before the ceremony if she had to wear shoes. I said of course not as long as I didn't have to either. It was a very relaxed day and we both had a ball. It has rained here in Sydney for over a week but we didn't get one drop even though it was forecast and apparently rained all around us. Sometimes you get lucky.

Some progress on my It Just Takes Two blocks.



I love the Churn dash made in this size. I think I may play with this block some more when time permits. I'm thinking scrappy with reproductions.


Needed to go back  to square 1 on my square in a square block - no pun intended. I am never miserly with fabric but cut smaller than the pattern recommendations for this block. Of course it came out too small. Don't know why I did it.


I have also started piecing the components on the next block which finishes at 12".




I finished piecing a Grandmothers Flower block. The centre is not working for me so I will replace it later on.


Finally a little progress on the Fruit Loop quilt.


Classes start back this week. looking forward to catching up with friends and perhaps a new project or two.

6 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

OMG...........what a shock they got then.......congrats finally after all these years.........guess the new house is working then.........

Chookyblue...... said...

opps can I share this news..........

mereth said...

Woohoo! That's great news! Bless both of you, and give Laurie a big hug from me.

Angie said...

Congratulations!! I adore barefoot weddings!! :D AND Churn Dash blocks....

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh Brenda. I had to laugh that you partnered your wedding with sewing. Usually I would expect a whole wedding post! You're so funny. The blocks are lovely. Congrats to you. I'm very happy for you.

Lori said...

Congratulations!