First week of trying to tame the stash and I have been somewhat of a failure. Bought more than I used but the good news is I have cut and sewn every day. I was going OK until I saw Ozquilts had fat sixteenths of the Emma Louise solid fabric range. It's a beautiful fabric and having a sample so I know which colour I need to order will be helpful. When I charge my camera hopefully a photo will follow.
The week wasn't a total loss however. I was just about to order 6 yards of background fabric from the US when I made myself look at my neutral drawer. It's packed to overflowing so I didn't order this time.
I guess the above example is what stashbusting is really about for me. I need to stop before I hit the buy button and contemplate if I really need the new fabric.
Fabric used this week 3/4 yard
Fabric Used this year 3/4 yard
Fabric purchased this week 2 3/4 yards
Fabric purchased this year 2 3/4 yards
Net reduction + 2 yards
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Go girl - I'm impressed. Ive made lots of bindings for 3 quilts off to quilter - joined two old fabrics together for backing on one of them (bet quilter will hate that), and finished jelly roll quilt to show so I can teach others. I'm feeling pretty good too.
Post a Comment