Thursday, May 6, 2010

Days 29 to 31

Day 29 was a weight session in the gym followed by 10 minutes on the dreaded bike. I nearly threw in the towel at 6 minutes but soldiered on and went the distance. Travelled 3.20 kms.

I must have sensed I needed to do gym in the morning as at 2:30 pm we lost most of the power to our building. We still had about 50 people waiting to appear in court so in almost darkness we managed to get them all sorted.

As the boss I needed to hang around till the tradies arrived. First up the electrician who discovered the fault was not internal so we needed to call the energy company. They arrived at about 6:00pm and found where the problem was but it was a big job and would not be scheduled until the next morning. Now being the non technical person I am can anyone please explain why I left the building with no keys but only my pass that of course needs electricity to make it work! Fortunately I had my phone so was able to call my lift home but everything else was left in the building for the night.

Back at work at 7:00 am the next morning and not a sign of any workmen and pockets of electricity but most of the building still without power. Managed to move over 100 matters to other courts and then dealt with everyone else who turned up in the gloom as the workman had finally arrived and had to cut the remaining power! I have to say here I work with the best bunch of people as they all co-operated and took the changes in their stride with not even a moment of whingeing.

Power was finally restored about 2:00pm. I needed to stay until everyone was back from the far flung locations all the while knowing I still needed to get to the gym before I went to dinner with a friend from the country. I really needed to be gone by 5:00pm for it all to happen but didn't get away till after 5:30pm. Now this is the bit that makes me happy. The old me would have just tossed the gym and gone to dinner as there was not enough time. However the new me needed to work out so just rang Wendy and arranged to meet a little later. Maybe I'm finally getting the hang of how to fit everything in.

So 30 minutes on the treadmill and 2.59kms later I made it home and out to dinner. I'm quite chuffed with myself as I can see long term patterns changing.

Today was a day off and a quilt class with a fabulous group of women. I could have been at a work conference but the new me puts myself first. So 30 minutes on the treadmill and 2.69kms travelled. I cut down to 30 minutes when the cold appeared but it seems to be working for me so I'll mix up my workouts a bit alternating between 30 and 45 minutes.

Oh I almost forgot. Weight loss for the last two weeks was 0.4kg. Tiny amount but standard for how I loose weight. Since my primary focus this time is fitness the small figure did not even bother me. Maybe my head is finally getting to where it needs to be.

1 comment:

Chookyblue...... said...

way to go.........excellent.......shame about the work mess but great response for you under pressure to soldier on with the fitness.........