Monday, May 24, 2010

Design Wall Monday, Using the Stash and Days 48 & 49

In the last couple of months I have managed to get work under control and found time to exercise. What I haven't been doing is sewing. This state of affairs has to stop as how can I not be doing something that gives me so much pleasure.

So a plan was hatched yesterday. Last year I saw a scrappy quilt on Kathie's blog that I fell in love with. It is really simple sewing and will use all repos. So every day I am going to cut at least one fabric strip and get it sewn on. Just a small start but hopefully enough to get my mojo back.

Here's the start.



Not much is it but watch this space.

To the stash then and another week with nil out.

Week 21

Fabric used 0
Fabric used to date 12 1/2 metres

Goal for 2010 Use 100 metres

Head on over to Judy's to see how others are doing.

Now for the exercise report. Yesterday was weights day and I always warm up for five minutes on the treadmill. At a really low speed my back started to spasm - never a good sign. However not to be deterred I completed my workout. Paid for it for the rest of the day but fortunately a massage today has helped considerably.

Took it a bit easier on the treadmill tonight 2.70kms in 30 minutes.

So 7 weeks of 30 minutes of exercise everyday. I'm feeling good.

3 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Good for you to be doing so well with your exercises...very inspiring! You'll be able to quilt long past the rest of us lazy gals!

DoubleL said...

Ah life is back to normal Brenda is sewing again. I was getting edgy that you weren't creating something beautiful.

Pat on the back for all your good exercise too.

Diane said...

slow and steady in sewing and exercise is better than none right?!
I just started walking again 2 weeks ago, years ago I was a dedicated walker and I really don't know what happened but I quit. I'm almost afraid to talk about it for fear of jynxing myself!! A couple more weeks and I'll feel like it's a part of my routine (I hope).
Keep up the great work!